11 septembrie 2007

I know I'm not a smart person ... but does it make me a dumb bloke?



Now I just passing throught one of those tough moments, when you just hit a wall and you need a couple of minutes [I hope] to get back on your feet. Failing in doing something very specific left me with tons of questions and so few answers, like what you do when you acknowledge your own limits, how do you actually learn from a failure, which failure must be pursued and which don't, that type of questions. I said something about answers, right, like the only answer I got is "now I know my limits". And that confronted me with some serious difficulties. Actually, more questions on the way:

  • how can you make the others around you become fully aware of what you can do, and what you cannot?
  • who has the final say about your own limits, you or the others/which one is more objective?

Still no clue, some thoughts instead . Not making a sincere image in front of the others implies a sort of evil marketing, trying to sugar-coat the surface. Now that's wrong, even if, by then it seemed completely harmless for you or any other person. But it is clear that you're heading toward serious damage. At one moment or the other you will completely loose control over what people think of you . And that's what I think just happened to me

Now back to the title, I am still trying to figure out how many lanes does this highway has [sorry for the cheap metaphor]. When I succeed in something new, I break boundaries, escape my own limitations, it's something to be praised/I should be proud of. I'd like to think that failling, means the same, learning from your limitations in reverse, making you, not a less able person but instead I can find the same satisfaction in my failures. Let's fight for some politically correct failures recognitions!